Season Update - COVID 19

UpdatedMonday June 15, 2020 byCommunications Manager .

Dear East Fishkill baseball families,
We are excited to announce our plans for the 2020 summer season!  Please read this message in its entirety as it contains a lot of important information. 
Given the guidelines set forth by NY State for the phased reopening of NY, we anticipate that we should be able to begin the baseball season by the week of July 6, 2020 if all goes as planned.  Please be aware that we are still at the mercy of state and local government officials and have made the decision that if we are not able to begin by that week we will have to cancel the season entirely (refunds or credits would be provided in that instance based on your preference).
We are in the process of finalizing rosters, getting uniforms, and will begin making schedules so we’re ready to hit the ground running once we get approval.   Here are the pertinent details:

  • Our summer season will run from the week of July 6 through September 5, 2020
    • The fees you paid for the spring season will cover this 9 week-period (same length as spring season).
    • Teams will play a minimum of two games a week and hold practice
  • In August we will send out a registration link for the Fall season and anyone that wants to also play in the fall (September 6 – October 31) will be able to do so free of charge. 
  • All travel team players are required to play in the summer rec season if they want to play travel this summer.
  • All parents will be required to sign a COVID-19 waiver prior to their child being allowed on the field.  There will also be safety guidelines we will have to follow that will be determined in conjunction with our local and state officials.

Finally, in an effort to provide total transparency there are three scenarios we can see in which we will be forced to cancel the summer season.  They are; 1. If we lose too many players and/or coaches for the summer to have a competitive league; 2. if the state and local government guidelines become too prohibitive for us to be able to provide a positive experience; 3. if we are unable to start the season by the week of July 6.  We certainly do not want to cancel but we want to put it out there so that you are aware. 
This has been a very challenging time for our community and we appreciate you hanging in there with us.  We really want to provide a good experience for our players and give them an outlet to have some fun this summer.  If you have any further questions, please send an e-mail to  We wish you all the very best.  Stay safe and healthy!
EFBRL Board of Directors